I’m sure many fitness instructors will agree that this year has flown by, but October went by even faster than usual — and filled with some extra special moments. Most memorable was celebrating Chris and my engagement with friends and family!
As October comes to a close, I can’t help but continue to be excited as we enter my favorite time of year. Before we say hello to stuffing, rainy days and holiday parties, let’s take a look back at some of the most interesting, popular and relevant articles for fitness instructors that surfaced in October.
For those of you that also had a whirlwind October, this is a crash course in what experts in the fitness industry were talking about for the past 31 days. Here’s the roundup of articles to read from the last month.
- Refinery29’s new favorite running playlist with lots throwbacks and fresh, energizing songs.
- In defense of steady-state cardio — a good reminder in our HIIT-focused fitness industry.
- 10 spinning instructors with amazing style, because workout clothes are my favorite clothes.
- A new study shows that music helps you enjoy your workouts more, and work harder.
- 5 steps to helping clients feel better with exercise.
- CrossFit and traditional weightlifting produce different results to keep in mind when choosing a workout.
- The eight moves Kayla Itsines would put in a BBG butt workout.
- Yoga teachers are living the dream, but are they making a living?
- What not to do after a workout — good reminders to share during cool down.
- Here’s a super simple plank workout that my class loves via Women’s Health Magazine.
These articles are a great way for fitness instructors to stay up-to-date with the fitness industry in order to continue to offer great classes each and every day. If you enjoyed reading these links, you may also like the top links I loved from August.
(Image source: Well + Good)