March was a month to remember, with the SCW Fitness convention in Burlingame and family trips to San Francisco. Once again, it feels like we’re flying right into the next month. I’m pretty excited about April. This next month will kick off the six-month countdown to my wedding in October, and it’s the one-year anniversary of starting this fitness blog with you all, my fellow group fitness instructors!
Before we dive into April, I want to take a minute to share my favorite article links from the past month that group fitness instructors should check out. This is a round-up of the top fitness and health studies, tips, exercises and stories. For anyone that had a busy month, now is your chance to catch up on all the major news happenings in the industry. For example, a recent study was published revealing the benefits of strength training (see bullet 4).
Here are my favorite March 2017 links I love for group fitness instructors.
- 8 Strength Training Moves Women Over 50 Should Do via GetHealthyU
- Encouragement to quit being indecisive about life decisions by Susie Moore for Greatist
- How Peloton Found the Secret to Scale into a household fitness brand
- University of Missouri-Columbia study results: Weight-bearing exercises promote bone formation in men
- Why you should always call 911 from a landline at your gym. If there’s no landline nearby, here’s what to know about calling from a cell phone.
- A Squat Variation That Burns Major Calories and ties in to the March Madness theme!
- Unique Exercises to Counteract Too Much Sitting via ACE Fitness
- A Positive Outlook May Be Good for Your Health via New York Times Well blog
And, let’s connect on Twitter @GroupXMich.