January marks a busy time for fitness instructors, with the New Year’s resolution gym-goers packing classes at all hours. It’s also a good time for group exercise instructors to add in new workout playlists and freshen up their routines, to add some new material for the new year. With so much going on, it’s hard to keep up with the latest trends and articles in the fitness industry.
From new exercise ideas to tips for maximizing workout efficiency, this month’s links list is jam-packed with new ideas to bring to your next Group X class. Here’s a look at my favorite fitness and wellness-themed articles from January to help my fellow fitness instructors stay up-to-date on what’s happening in the industry.
January links I love for fitness instructors:
- Even just a little bit of exercise will improve your mood.
- How to choose the right weights when strength training.
- For the first time since 2014, ACE Fitness as developed a new key policy position statement — the inactivity epidemic.
- How to maximize efficiency of workout time using creative exercise techniques.
- The only running playlist you need by Refinery29.
- The six-pack ab moves your trainer didn’t tell you about.
- 14 back and shoulder exercises for a strong upper body.
- “I’ve Helped Thousands Of People Get In Shape—This Is The Fastest Way To See Results”
- Ways to make your workout more effective.
- Men’s Journal’s “Getting Fit from Scratch” series has so many great workout ideas!
- How to turn exercise into a lifelong habit or “practice” like they do in yoga.
- How to be mindful at your desk.
If you liked this post, you’ll also like my fitness and wellness link roundups from this past December and November. You can also check out the group exercise ideas page for similar posts for fitness instructors.