If you’re starting a wellness blog, you’ll likely go through a lot of health and fitness blog name ideas before choosing the perfect one. For me, this was one of the hardest parts of the blogging process. Blog names are the foundation we build our brand around and we’re stuck with it for a long time, so it’s understandable we spend so much time picking the right one.
There are a couple questions you’ll want to ask yourself as you research health and fitness blog name ideas.
The answers to these questions will help steer you towards the finish line in selecting the perfect blog name for you.
- Do you want your name as part of your brand? Many people will use their own name as the URL, which is a surefire way to make sure you’ll never get bored of your fitness blog name. Some examples of fitness influencers that use their own name are jensinkler.com and www.jennawolfe.com.
- How do you want to differentiate yourself? With so many fitness blogs out there, you want to make sure you’re bringing something unique to the table, whether that’s focusing on a certain niche audience or playing up your quirks. A great example of this is nerdfitness.com that looks at fitness through a geeky lens.
- What will you be blogging about? You want your blog name to reflect the type of posts that you’ll be writing about. Are you planning to post your run or workout recaps? Then, consider including the word “run” or “workout” in the name. If you’re big on yoga, then add a word to reflect that.
- Do you want to follow one of the popular blog name trends? There are other common trends for blog names. Some blog names are two different items, like Cupcakes and Cashmere. Another common theme is one that matches a health or fitness keyword with something more playful, like Running in Heels.
Once you’ve answered the above, you can start brainstorming health and fitness blog name ideas until you find on the perfect fit.
To get you started, here are a bunch of name ideas that may spark THE ONE for you.
- Love to Lunge
- Funnies and Fitness
- Muscles and Mimosas
- Daily Dose of Fit (Daily Dose of Zen, etc.)
- See Jack Run (See Chris Run, See Lex Run, etc.)
- Spandex and Sparkles
- Sweat N’ Spandex
- Fit and Fabulous
- One More Rep
- Flex For Fun
- Guardians of the Gluteus
- Iron Woman
- Fit and Fierce
- Can’t Stop The Sweat
- Smoothies and Spandex
- Muscles and Mason Jars
- Star [Jump] Wars
Hope these help! If you’re serious about starting a fitness blog, check out my other tips here.
And, let’s connect on Twitter @GroupXMich.