At the beginning of this year, I started this group fitness blog, and ever since then, we’ve covered everything from new spinning routines and workouts to group exercise tips and motivational cues. There was also quite a bit of fitness news this year, including that ClassPass upped its pricing, REI marketed a campaign encouraging us to get outdoors and a celebrity conducted in inappropriate gym behavior that we all must take seriously. To look back on everything this group fitness blog has covered this year, I rounded up 2016’s Top 10 blog posts.
The 2016 Top 10 Group Fitness Blog Posts
- How to Cue a Group X Class Without Wasting Time
- How to Make Those Holiday Group X Classes Special
- Group X Spin Class Routines: Steep Hills (45 minutes)
- Group X Spin Class Routines: Climb & Sprint Combo (45 minutes)
- 21 Motivational Songs for Workouts
- “Across the Floor” Exercises for Packed Group Fitness Classes
- 3 Simple Tricep Workouts for Group X Classes (Part 1)
- How to Cue Music for Group X Beginners
- How to Get Your Group X Class Out of a Rut
- Mother’s Day Gift Guide for Group Fitness Instructors
I’ve noticed the most popular blog posts cover spin class routines, themed workout playlists and motivational cueing tips for group fitness, so I’ll be sure to give those topics extra attention next year. As a Group X instructor, I know firsthand how challenging it can be to think of new workout routines and songs to try each week, especially when we start to get busy with everything else life throws our way.
I created this group fitness blog as a way to build community with fellow instructors, and be a resource to make it easier for us to do our jobs. I think 2016 brought me one step closer to that goal, and I look forward to striving towards it with all of you in 2017.
If you’d like to check out more group fitness blog posts, check out the group exercise ideas page. And, if you’d like to see more posts or new posts on another topic, please let me know! 🙂