February was a fun month for me. I got to share resistance band workouts and how I became a spinning instructor with my favorite fitness instructors and enthusiasts (yes, that’s you :)). On a personal note, I got to go bridesmaids’ dress shopping with my gals and celebrate National Margarita Day/Presidents’ Day with friends. My wedding is this October, so buckle your seat belts because it’s going to be a wild ride until then, but I will continue to post most Mondays and Wednesdays in between planning.
I may have been busy this month, but that didn’t stop me from keeping up on the latest fitness tips and trends. I pulled together a list of my favorite articles for fitness instructors, so you can easily keep up on what’s happening in the health, wellness and exercise industry.
Here’s a roundup of 10 February articles that fitness instructors and enthusiasts should read:
- Shay Mitchell (or should I say SLAY Mitchell?) recently posted her workout on Instagram and it is straight fire. SELF broke down all the moves in the video here. Also, those braids?! #GOALS.
- How to pack on muscle with eccentric exercises — I love seeing articles that teach the body mechanics behind exercise.
- Refinery29’s hip dip plank exercise. I anticipate group fitness participants bringing their booty too high in the air for this one, so something you’ll want to monitor when you introduce in your next Group X class.
- I have yet to try an Orangetheory Fitness class, but this article points out all the reasons I want to go: “Orangetheory Fitness Wants to Shame Your Half-Assed Workouts Out of Existence”
- Why Shape Magazine’s fitness director Jaclyn Emerick wakes up at 5 a.m. everyday. Advice for anyone looking to become a morning person.
- Fun Lower-body exercises to add to your fitness routine for dynamic balance.
- On days where you need some serious #fitspo, check out these 28 black fitness pros you should be following on Instagram.
- 5 creative body-weight exercises to mix things up.
- My kind of Valentine’s Day love: why exercise is good for the heart.
- And, in case you missed it, my most popular blog post from last month was this Valentine’s Day spin playlist. I’ll tell you, it was a big hit with my spinning classes!
If you liked this list, you’ll also like my link roundups from January and December. You can also check out other group exercise ideas and tips here.
(Image Source: Byrdie)