Forget presents and twinkle lights, I’m of the belief that nothing gets people in the holiday spirit quite like Christmas workout songs. Music can make or break a group fitness class, and it has a huge impact on the energy of a class, so it’s no surprise that Christmas music is an ideal way to make your holiday fitness classes feel fun and special. I’ve shared the top motivational songs for Group X a few months back, and now here are 29 Christmas workout songs to try.
29 High-energy Christmas Workout Songs
- “4 Carats,” by Kelly Clarkson
- “Run Rudolph Run,” by Cee Lo Green
- “Oh Santa!,” by Mariah Carey
- “Punk Rawk Christmas,” by MxPx
- “Sleigh Ride,” by August Burns Red
- “All I Want for Christmas is You,” by Mariah Carey
- “12 Days of Christmas,” by Relient K
- “Sleigh Ride,” by TLC
- “Man With The Bag,” by Jessie J
- “Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays,” by *NSYNC
- “One More Sleep,” by Leona Lewis
- “Christmas Every Day,” Simple Plan
- “Jingle Bells,” Skid Row
- “Last Christmas,” Loveless, Downer Inc., Kellin Quinn
- “My Christmas List,” Simple Plan
- “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home),” U2
- “Mistress for Christmas,” Halestorm
- “Here Comes the Snow,” Talia Denis
- “Xmas Time of the Year,” Green Day
- “Merry Christmas (I Don’t Want to Fight Tonight),” Ramones
- “Missing You This Christmas,” Theory of a Deadman
- “You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch,” Misfits
- “SANTA CLAUS IS BACK IN TOWN,” Fefe Dobson
- “Run, Rudolph, Run,” Otherwise
- “Christmas, Baby Please Come Home,” Anberlin
- “All I Want for Christmas is You,” My Chemical Romance
- “Please Santa,” David Kater
- “Hell of a Holiday,” Pistol Annies
- “My Favorite Time of Year,” Pete Masitti
Ready to listen to the songs? Check out my Spotify playlist here.
I picked these songs, because they are all fast-paced, upbeat songs great for strength or spin classes. Of course, I had to include my all-time favorite Christmas song, “All I Want for Christmas is You,” by Mariah Carey, which has a great beat for holiday-themed workouts.
It’s important to note that you’ll need to make sure you’re considerate of the participants in your Group X class before playing exclusively Christmas workout songs. If you want to round out your holiday workout playlist, consider including songs for other holidays this time of year, like Hanukkah, and winter-themed songs, as well. A good playlist has a hearty mix of songs to reflect the interests of the participants in your class.
For more themed workout playlists for group fitness classes, check out the Memorial Day workout playlist or the Halloween workout playlist. For more workout songs, check out my 6 indoor cycling workout routines and playlists.
ICYMI, I grabbed 15 of these songs and created my Punk Rock Christmas spin class playlist and routine (including a link to my Spotify playlist). Join my free Spin Routine of the Week newsletter, and you’ll get a routine like this delivered to your inbox every Tuesday.